The Student Recruitment & Admissions Service comprises an experienced and friendly team who are ready to tell you everything you’d ever want to know about studying at the University of Aberdeen.
We have up-to-date information and advice for all prospective students, parents, careers advisers and teachers: courses and degrees... what's new... entry requirements... how to apply... accommodation... money matters... leisure... how to visit... you'll find all this and more on these pages.
For international students we also have a worldwide network of carefully chosen agents who are there to talk to you about higher education in general, and about all that the University of Aberdeen in particular has to offer, as well as help you with any visa issues you may have.
So call us, e-mail, visit - wherever you are in the world, we'd like to hear from you...
Meet the Team:
The Student Recruitment and Admissions Service is led by Rachel Sandison, Director of Marketing, Student Recruitment & Alumni Relations.
The Student Recruitment team oversee all student marketing and recruitment activities for the University of Aberdeen. The activities of the Home/Marketing and International recruitment teams are well co-ordinated to assist the Admissions team involved in Undergraduate and Postgraduate applications through Carol Baverstock, Head of Admissions.
Our Marketing Team comprises of five Marketing Officers responsible for key areas of Student Recruitment.
• Lesley MacLennan coordinates the school visits programme, and has responsibility for the student ambassador scheme and a range of related events, particularly with guidance staff and Skills Development Scotland. Lesley is also the Scottish Chair of the Higher Education Liaison Officers Association (HELOA). Lesley also looks after the articulation arrangements with further education colleges.
• Alan Monteith is responsible for postgraduate marketing, which entails attending career and postgraduate fairs throughout the UK, and liaising with our Colleges on postgraduate advertising and promotion.
• Ali Clark coordinates the University's annual Open Day, Associate Student Scheme and Parents' Evenings. Alison is also involved with the schools liaison programme and the production of marketing materials.
• Laura Murray assists with the schools liaison programme and the production of marketing materials.
• Joseph Whimster is the Aim 4 Uni Officer. Aim 4 Uni directly relates to our widening participation agenda. Joseph organises various on-campus events for schools, and works closely with our partners to increase awareness of the opportunities of higher education, and encourage pupils from low participation groups to realise their potential.
• James Wright deals with postgraduate admissions and administers the undergraduate entrance scholarships. James also assists with the schools liaison programme and the production of marketing materials.
• Shawn Webster is the Reach Project Officer. Reach Aberdeen is coordinated in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray and the Highlands & Islands by the University of Aberdeen. It aims to encourage S4-S6 students who have an interest in studying high demand subjects, particularly Medicine and Law and raise aspiration and achievement among pupils.
Our International Office is comprised of an experienced team of international officers each with country specific responsibilities:
• Jenny Fernandes is the Head of the International Office and co-ordinates the activities in the International Office with particular responsibility for Latin & South America.
• Dominic Milne is the Deputy Head of the International Office and co-ordinates the activities in the International Office with particular responsibility for the Middle East, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei.
• Tarah Gillespie is the Americas and International Exchange Manager responsible for North America, Latin and South America, and all incoming international study abroad students, with the exception of ERASMUS and European students.
• Tessa Birley is the International Officer for the Americas with particular responsibility for North America.
• Llinos Jones is the International Officer responsible for China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, and Norway.
• Ainsley McIntosh is the International Officer responsible for India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Africa.
• David Stoll is the European Officer responsible for the European Union and international students already based in the UK.
• Joe Whimster is the International Officer responsible for Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkey.
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University Office, King's College
Aberdeen, AB24 3FX
Tel: +44 (0)1224-272090/272091
Fax: +44 (0)1224-272576