The highly anticipated Night at the Museum is back with a bang for 2012! The University of Aberdeen's King's Museum and Zoology Museum will once again host a special evening event packed full of exciting activities, crafts, quizzes and much more.
Whether you prefer to have a go yourself or relax and watch, create something special or solve some interesting puzzles there is something for everyone at University of Aberdeen’s Night at the Museums 2012. Events are FREE to attend and open to all ages.
At King’s Museum:
- Meet the artists behind the current exhibition and hear them discuss their artworks.
- Get crafty with artist Jennifer Littlejohn and make your own snow goggles and amules, 6-8pm
- View short film screenings and take part in fun quizzes and trails.
At Zoology Museum:
- Create your own fashionable fascinator.
- Form a team to take part in the adult only topical science quiz...there’s prizes to be had!8-9pm
- Get hands on in interactive science experiment workshops.
- Handle live animals with Mr Bug
- Transform a delicious cupcake into your favourite animal with Bibi's Bakery
- Add your memories of your special outdoor place to our Tree of Life
- Win prizes by having a go at our various activity stations and exciting trails. Have a go at cave painting and handle real prehistoric objects
- Hear enchanting tales about all creatures great and small with Grace Banks...keep an ear out for unusual noises too. 6-7pm pre-booked torch lit trail and drop in sessions 7.30-9.30pm
- Tours of the Cruickshank Gardens
Please note that the storytelling torch lit trail with Grace Banks requires advanced booking via King's Museum. Tel: 01224 274330 email: email@example.com
Animal handling sessions, Satrosphere science workshops and the garden tours will run at times slots throughout the evening; please sign up on the night to book your space.
For further details about the event, please view the King's Museum Blog or contact Anne Shortland firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 274305.
Visit www.festivalofmuseums.com to explore the full events programme.