Currently the University has a large number of bottled water coolers which have a range of environmental issues associated with them.
The University is moving away from using these bottled water coolers (Left) to new plumbed in water coolers (Right):
There are many environmental benefits of these new water coolers:
- Reducing the need to: manufacture the plastic storage bottles.
- Reducing the need to transport the bottles.
- Reducing the requirement to dispose of the bottles.
- Reducing the space to store the bottles.
- Reducing the build up of the plastic bottles and cups, that are continuously changed.
- Carbon filters remove impurities from the water, and also improve taste, without removing any of the important trace minerals.
- Allow a consistent cold water supply.
In addition they reduce costs as the cost of buying the water in bottles for a typical bottled water cooler is about £400 per year. Where the same volume of mains water costs £4 per year.
This page was last updated on 12-Aug-2010 16:20:53 BST