- PRS Checklist
- Why should I use an electronic voting system such as PRS?
- How do I use PRS?
- What information is available for providing to students?
- What support is available?
- FAQ's / Common Issues & Solutions
- Accessing Data from a PRS Session
- Do you have the PRS software installed on your PC?
If you work for NHS Grampian please contact the IT Service Desk. If you work for the University of Aberdeen please contact the MedIT firstname.lastname@example.org (Service Desk at Foresterhill) to install the software to your PC or download version 6.72 from here: PRS software for Windows, PRS software for mac (Osx 10.5 and above), PRS software for Linux. See Release notes for version 6.71
- Have you booked the handsets?
As Year 1 - 3 students have their own handsets, you will not need to book. Years 4-5 however do not have their own handsets, please contact the Foresterhill AV by phone: 76 52806 or Bleep: 3856 to book handsets.
- Have you created your questions in PowerPoint? If not see Authoring PRS Questions in PowerPoint
- How do I use PRS during my lectures?
Some of the benefits often cited for using PRS are that:
- It enables you to test students' understanding of your subject
- It facilitates discussion and peer learning/instruction
- Students are actively engaged in learning
- Attendance can increase as a result of students feeling more motivated
View the JISC / University of Strathclyde video on why staff adopted the electronic
The document; Why use PRS in your Teaching gives you some of the benefits of using PRS as well as some pedagogical applications of PRS.
Firstly you will need to create or edit your PowerPoint presentation to include the PRS questions. You can see how to do this in the document:
You should use this slide when using PRS with students who are new to PRS.
Please note that students in Year 1 & 2 have a lot of exposure to PRS so will not require you to use this slide.
- PowerPoint slide on how to join a class and use your handset (anonymous session)
- PowerPoint slide on how to join a class and use the handset (student ID)
- Audio Visual can be present at the start of your PRS enabled lecture. Please contact Foresterhill AV by phone: 76 52806 or Bleep: 3856
- The Centre for Learning & Teaching run workshops on PRS throughout the year as well as tailored or one-to-one sessions that can be arranged at any time. We will advise on how best to use PRS in your teaching and support you in the use of PRS.
If you have any queries about PRS please contact the eLearning Team on Tel: 27 3765 or Email: email@example.com
- The PRS RF handsets and receivers are maintained and set up for you, where required, by the Audio-Visual teams in Old Aberdeen and Foresterhill. To book the handsets please go to Bookings on the Audio Visual website http://www.abdn.ac.uk/avu/ or contact Foresterhill AV by phone: 76 52806 or Bleep: 3856
As Year 1 - 3 students have their own handsets, you will not need to book handsets. Years 4-5 however do not have their own handsets, please contact the Audio-Visual team to book handsets.
Please familiarise yourself with the FAQ's / Common Issues & Solutions document as it is handy to know the solutions to some common matters.
It is possible to access the data from your PRS sessions. However, please note: In the current set up, no data will be saved from your session. If you would like to use the data that is created from your sessions please contact us before your session and we can help you with this. Please contact the eLearning Team Tel: 27 3765 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org